" Palazzo Mangione" was built in the late nineteenth century.
The area on which is located the present building was occupied until 1901 by a modest building that consisted of one floor with entrance on Via Giambertoni and a basement which could be accessed by Salita Giambertoni (a small alley where today stands Teatro della Posta Vecchia).
The ancient "catoiu" was used as a warehouse for food collection and agricultural products.
In 1901 the owner of the warehouse, Angelina Caruana decided to sell the property to relatives Arcangela Montana and Girolamo Mangione, newlyweds. These it provided immediately to start the renovations and they began building the first floor. Later, her daughter Angela Mangione married Rag. Vincenzo Moscato. They had two sons Giovanni Moscato, the great artist of Agrigento, creator and director of the Teatro della Posta Vecchia, and Giuseppe Moscato, a retired anesthesiologist.
From the main entrance on the ground floor, where before there was the door of the warehouse, which leads to a still small lobby leading to the staircase that leads to the noble floor.
The living room is the centerpiece of the home and it receives light from a single window with a sea view; on the ceiling of the living room are placed the Pasquale Sozzi's frescoes painted from 1902 to 1903.
The place where is the Bed and Breakfast was originally used to accommodate actors and artists that over the years have performed in the small "Teatro della Posta Vecchia"; the Teatro was founded in 1996 by the will of Giovanni Moscato, and it takes the name from the urban context in which it is placed.
The entire area of Via Giambertoni, in fact, by the residents of Agrigento is called with the term "Posta Vecchia" because since 1859 and until 1897 many properties located in Giambertoni Street was rent out, from the old Marchese Ignazio Giambertoni, to the "Regie Poste e Telegrafi ".
The rooms used as offices insisted on the two fronts of the way; The services, as remittances to the carriages or the Omnibus and storing packages and luggage were occupied some big catoi in the main floor at number 10-12 and 14 of the street, while offices occupied the upper floors of the Palazzo Giambertoni, next to the entrance of Salita Giambertoni. Even the building of the ancestors of Giovanni Moscato, where currently operates the theater, was rent by the lords of Syracuse Girgenti, who had obtained the contract of Post, for the performance of public service, by decree of King delle Due Sicilie Ferdinando II di Borbone.